Conference OSTIS — is the annual international scientific and technical conference, held in mid-February in Minsk on the basis of the University and is aimed at the development of open semantic technology of intelligent systems(Open Semantic Technologies for Intelligent Systems — OSTIS). Part of this complex mass of technology component design (modular, Assembly design) intelligent systems includes:the
- library of standard, reusable and semantically compatible components of intelligent systems (components knowledge-base, intelligent problem solvers, intelligent user interfaces); the
- a family of compatible languages of the semantic representation of knowledge of various kinds, providing semantic interoperability not only reusable components of intelligent systems, but also for intelligent systems; the
- a family of compatible semantic models for solving problems.
Fundamental problems, the solution of which lies at the basis of this technology are:the
- semantic representation of knowledge; the
- technology of intelligent systems based on semantic representation of knowledge; the
- the problem of ensuring semantic compatibility of intelligent systems and their components; the
- the problem of ensuring the independence of abstract semantic models of intelligent systems and technologies of designing such models for different variants of the technical implementation.
Basic goal annual conference OSTIS (Open Semantic Technology for Intelligent Systems) is:the
- creation of conditions for expansion of cooperation of different scientific schools, universities and commercial organizations aimed at creating efficient technologies of intelligent systems based on semantic representation of knowledge; the
- the formation of students, undergraduates and graduate students serious interest in research work in the field of artificial intelligence; the
- expansion of cooperation between experts in the field of artificial intelligence with commercial entities.
- Plenary reports (reports of up to 30 minutes) the
- Breakout sessions (reports up to 15 minutes for short presentations up to 5 minutes) the
- Round tables devoted to the discussion of various questions of creation of this technology the
- Exhibition presentations which give an opportunity for each Rapporteur to demonstrate the results of their developments at the exhibition (presentation up to 30 minutes) the
- conference languages: Russian, Belarusian, English.
directions of work conference OSTIS:the
- Principles, underlying semantic representation of knowledge, and their unification the
- typology of the knowledge and features of semantic representation of various types of knowledge and metaknowledge the
- Connection between knowledge and relations defined on the set of knowledge the
- Semantic structure of the global knowledge base, integrating various accumulated knowledge the
- programming Languages oriented to parallel processing of semantic representation of knowledge bases the
- Model solutions, which are based on processing knowledge, exercised directly at the level of semantic representations of processed knowledge. Semantic model of the information search, integration of knowledge, analysis of correctness and quality of the knowledge bases build the information collection, optimization of knowledge bases, deductive and inductive inference in knowledge bases, plausible reasoning, pattern recognition, intelligent control. Integration of different models for tackling tasks the
- Semantic model of information perception about the external environment and display this information in the knowledge base the
- Semantic model in multimodal user interfaces of intelligent systems, which are based on the semantic representation of the knowledge they use, and unification of these models the
- Semantic model of natural language user interfaces of intelligent systems. The structure of the semantic representation of linguistic knowledge bases describing natural languages and providing a solution to the task of understanding natural language texts and speech messages, as well as problems of synthesis of natural language texts and speech messages that are semantically equivalent to the given fragments of knowledge bases the
- Integrated comprehensive logical-semantic models of intelligent systems based on semantic representation of knowledge, and their unification the
- Various technical platforms and implementations of interpreters unified logical-semantic models of intelligent systems based on semantic representation of knowledge the
- Tools and methods based on semantic representation of knowledge and oriented on design of various model components, intelligent systems (knowledge bases, programs, problem solvers, interfaces) the
- Tools and methods based on semantic representation of knowledge and oriented to integrated design of different classes of intelligent systems (intelligent information systems, intelligent tutoring systems, intelligent control systems, intelligent robotic systems, intelligent support systems, design, etc.) the
- Applied intelligent systems based on semantic representation of the knowledge they use