the Official website of the journal: Mathematical biology and bioinformatics
the Journal is in the List HAC of leading reviewed scientific journals and publications, where must be published basic scientific results of dissertations on competition of scientific degrees of doctor and candidate of Sciences. Indexed services Scopus Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) the Russian science citation index (RISC) Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, All-Russian mathematical portal Math-Net.Ru.
the Journal publishes original research papers on the application of the theory of algorithms methods of applied mathematics and statistics to solve biological problems. The themes of the articles included:
- bioinformatics (use of algorithms and statistical procedures to analyze huge amounts of data generated by high-tech methods of experimental biology and molecular genetics);
- mathematical biology (formalization and mathematical modeling of biological objects and their communities);
- computational genomics (study of the structure and functions of the genomes of cells and organisms);
- molecular modeling (mathematical modeling of biological processes, including simulation modeling);
- structural biology (modeling and prediction of experimental data on the structures of biomolecules and their complexes);
- computational biochemistry and Biophysics (kinetic and thermodynamic models of cellular processes and their interactions, methods of molecular dynamics).
Is a bilingual peer-reviewed scientific periodical published by the decision of the Scientific Council of RAS on mathematical biology and bioinformatics, and publishes articles in Russian and/or English.